Jonathan Jogenfors Tekn. Lic, M.Sc.
Ph.D. student in Information Coding at the Information Coding Group at the Department of Electrical Engineering, Linköping University, Sweden. My main research focus is energy-time entanglement in quantum key distribution (QKD), quantum computing, and blockchain systems such as Bitcoin and Ethereum. I am the inventor of Quantum Bitcoin, a distributed currency that combines the strengths of Bitcoin and quantum mechanics.
Other research interests include cryptology, information security, and quantum random number generation. Read more about my interest in cryptographic currencies on the separate page (in Swedish).
- September 30, 2016: I will talk about Bitcoin on Forskarfredag in Norrköping.
- September 12-16, 2016: I will be attending the QCrypt 2016 conference in Washington, D.C.
- April 5, 2016: The pre-print of the Quantum Bitcoin paper is published on arXiv.
- December 18, 2015: Our Quantum hacking paper is published by Science Advances. See the press release as well as mentions in the media: Slashdot, Researchgate.
- March 9, 2015: I was interviewed by Swedish Television for a documentary on Bitcoin. I appear at 25 minutes into the program
- February 27, 2015: I have defended my Licenciate thesis.
- September 2014: I attended the QCrypt 2014 conference in Paris and presented our paper: "Hacking the Franson interferometer".
- 1988: Born in Zürich, Switzerland as Jonathan Fors.
- 2007-2012: Undergraduate studies resulting in M.Sc. degree (Swedish: Civilingenjör) in Applied Physics and Electrical Engineering with International German Perspective (Swedish: Teknisk Fysik och Elektroteknik Internationell, Inriktning Tyska, Yi).
- 2009-2010: Studies in Zürich, Switzerland at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH).
- June 2012: Master thesis: Modeling and OpenFOAM simulation of streamers in transformer oil.
- 2012-ongoing: Ph. D. studies at Linköping University.
- 27 February 2015: Defense of Licenciate thesis, Ph. D. studies continue.
See more information regarding thesis supervision on the separate page.