Born 1971 in Karlstad. Sweden
- Docent in Automatic Control, Linköpings universitet, Linköping, Sweden
- Doctor of Philosophy (Teknologie doktor), Automatic Control within graduate school ECSEL, Linköpings universitet, Linköping, Sweden, (my PhD courses)
- Licentiate of Engineering (Teknologie licentiat), Automatic Control, Linköping Institude of Technology, Linköping, Sweden
- Master of Science (Civilingenjör), Computer Science and Engineering, Linköping Institude of Technology, Linköping, Sweden
- 2001, 2002, 2004
- Selected as outstanding lecturer by the dean of the Linköping Institute of Technology. The award is given based on course evaluations from the students in the course Reglerteori I/M (Control Theory).
- Nominated as one of out of three projects to the NyTeknik Golden mouse award (Guldmusen) in the "best swedish IT project 2001" category with the project "Laser cutting using industrial robots". The project was run together with ABB Robotics in Västerås. Every year three successful swedish R&D projects are nominated by the swedish magazine "Ny Teknik".
- Adjunct Professor (Adjungerad Professor) at the Division of Automatic control, Linköping Institute of Technology.
- Research Associate (Forskarassistent) at the Division of Automatic control, Linköping Institute of Technology.
- PhD candidate at the Division of Automatic control, Linköping Institute of Technology.
- Senior Principal R&D Engineer at ABB Robotics, Västerås, Sweden.
- Principal R&D Engineer at ABB Robotics, Västerås, Sweden.
- Senior R&D Engineer at ABB Robotics, Västerås, Sweden.
- Member of examination board for the dissertation, "Semi-Automating Forestry Machines: Motion Planning, System Integration, and Human-Machine Interaction" by Simon Westerberg, Department of Applied Physics and Electronics, Umeå University.
- Member of examination board for the dissertation, "Optimal Control of Mechatronic Systems: A Differentially flat Approach" by Wannes Van Loock, Department of Mechanical Engineering, KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium.
- Member of examination board for the dissertation, "Design Automation for Multidisciplinary Optimization: A High Level CAD Template Approach" by Mehdi Tarkian, Department of Management and Engineering, Linköping University.
- External reviewer (granskare) for the licentiate thesis, "Vehicle Level Diagnosis for Hybrid Powertrains" by Christofer Sundström, Department of Electrical Engineering, Linköping University.
- Member of examination board for the dissertation, "Principles for Planning and Analyzing Motions of Underactuated Mechanical Systems and Redundant Manipulators" by Uwe Mettin, Department of Applied Physics and Electronics, Umeå University.
- Member of examination board for the dissertation, "High-Speed Vision and Force Feedback for Motion-Controlled Industrial Manipulators" by Tomas Olsson, Department of Automatic Control, Lund Institute of Technology.
- External reviewer (granskare) for the licentiate thesis, "On Drive Train Optimization in Industrial Robot Design" by Marcus Pettersson, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Linköping University.
- External reviewer (granskare) for the licentiate thesis, "Feedback control and sensor fusion of vision and force" by Tomas Olsson, Department of Automatic Control, Lund Institute of Technology.
- March 2003 - January 2004
- Member of the undergraduate program board, Master of Science in Industrial Engineering and Management (I). Linköping, Sweden
- March 2003 - January 2004
- Responsible for technical specialization -- Communication Systems, Master of Science in Industrial Engineering and Management (I). Linköping, Sweden
- 1997 -
- Responsible for automatic control robotics research lab.
- Editor and member of program committee for the swedish IFAC meeting ``Reglermöte 2002''.
- Employee at ABB Robotics. Responsible for research and development projects within the area motion control.
- Consulting in control and signal processing in private firm, MIKNO Consulting.
- October 1995-February 1996
- Master Thesis project at Ericsson Radio Systems AB, Linköping, Sweden.
- April-September 1995
- Responsible for design and implementation of a network protocol in a measurement system. Tronitec, Molkom, Sweden.
- Sensor integration with application in modeling and control of advanced industrial robots, VR, total funding 2024.5 kkr
- 2002,2003, 2008-2009
- Robot modeling and control
- June 2003
- Invited lecturer at the Iterative Learning Control International Summer School 2003, Utah State University, Logan, Utah, USA.
Lectures: Control Theory (Reglerteori I/M) (2001-2004), Automatic Control (Reglerteknik Y) (2005)
Tutorials: Automatic Control, Control Theory, Modeling and Simulation.
Examined MSc theses
- "Simulation based evaluation of mechanical condition change methods", Andreas Samuelsson (ABB Corporate Research)
- "Parameter Estimation in a Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor", Mikael Tenerz (ABB Robotics)
- "Cycle time optimization in a 7 DOF robot system", Elin Eklund (ABB Corp. Research)
- "Improved afterburner combustion stability for turbofan engine RM12 by modified engine control", Jonas Ervestrand (Volvo Aero)
- "Modeling, identification and control of the scanner in a system for laser bathymetry", Hanna Janeke (Airborne Hydrography)
- "Traffic control with variable traffic equipment: a requirement analysis for the Swedish National Road Administration", Anders Thall (SWECO Theorells AB)
- "The Swedish Open Championship in robot control", Loic Carissimo (internal)
- " Navigation for Autonomous Wheelchair Robot", Andreas Edlund (internal)
- "Pre-collision detection algorithm evaluation for radars in automotive applications", Johan Kälvesten (Autoliv)
- "Simulation environment for car radar applications ...", Joakim Jardal (Autoliv)
- "Path generation in 6 DOF for industrial robots", Daniel Forsman (internal)
- "Analysis and modelling of arc length control in pulsed MIG/MAG welding", Andreas Pilkvist (ESAB)
- "Automatic tuning of external axis", Per-Emil Eliasson (ABB Corp. Research)
- " Modelling and control design of an inertia simulator for a reference system to the Leopard main battle tank", Björn Carlsson (Aerotech Telub)
- "Fault Diagnosis of RM12 based on identified models", Andreas Viborg (Volvo Aero)
- "Laser feedback control for industrial robots in aircraft assembly", Albin Sunnanbo (IKP)
- "Control of flexible structures using multiple sensors", Erik Malmlöf and Ola Scholander (ABB)
- "Path planning for industrial robots", Maria Nyström (internal,ABB)
- "Positioning and Mapping using Range Finding Laser", Jonas Kjellander (FOI,IKP)
- "Sensor fusion with coordinated mobile robots", Per Holmberg (FOI,IKP)
- "Examination of measurement system and control structures for industrial applications", Niklas Durinder and Jonas Wallmander (ABB)
- "Modelling and control of IR/EO-gimbal for UAV surveillance applications", Per Skoglar (FOI)
Supervised MSc theses
- "Automatic tuning of a flexible manipulator", Patrik Axelsson (ABB)
- "Identification and control of an industrial robot using an accelerometer", Alexander Nordström (ABB)
- "Robot position estimation and control", Daniel Ankelhed and Lars Stenlind (internal)
- "Multivariable control of industrial robots", Claes Svensson (Internal)
- "Measuring the surface level in packages", Hossein Sohrabi and Enes Rahic (Tetra Pak)
- "Modeling and identification of a flexible manipulator", Fredrik Viksten (Internal)
- "Animation of multivariable control systems using Matlab and Java", Magnus Andersson (Internal)
- "Collision avoidance in hydraulic tunneling and mining rigs", Fredrik Grahn (Atlas Copco Rock Drills)
- "Damping of oscillations in robot servos", Måns Östring (Internal).
- "Learning torque - an investigation of a new control concept for industrial robots", Daniel Eriksson, Stockholm institute of technology (KTH).
- "Iterative feedback tuning applied to the joint control of an industrial robot", Vincent Colignon and Oliver Rousseaux (ERASMUS students from Belgium).
- "Friction estimation in an industrial robot system", Magnus Fleischer (ABB).
- "Approximative optimal control using fuzzy-type controllers", Christian Eriksson (Internal).
- "Extending the TACSI tactical air combat simulator with Monte Carlo simulation", Jan Wallenberg (Saab)
Available on request.
(Swedish: Adjungerad Professor)
- +46 13 282704
- +46 21 346017
- +46 738 300 420
- Dept. of Electrical Engineering
- Linköping University
- SE-581 83 Linköping
- Visiting Address:
- Campus Valla
- Building B
- Room 2A:501 (in the A corridor on the ground floor between entrance 25 and 27)
Page responsible: Mikael Norrlöf
Last updated: 2014-11-28